1 Easy Peasy Pie Crust
1 quart homemade canned peaches (or 2-1lb. cans of sliced peaches)
3 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. nutmeg (or a little more if you so desire)
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
6 Tbsp. butter
4. Stir ingredients together well.
5. Pour evenly into prepared pie crust.
6. Combine 3/4 c. flour, 1/3 c. brown sugar, and cinnamon.
7. Cut in butter until crumbly.
8. Spread crumbly topping evenly over peach mixture.
9. Bake pie for about 45 minutes at 400F. The peach mixture will begin to bubble up under the topping when it is done.
Like the others, this pie was excellent. I really liked using the brown sugar rather than using white sugar, which most recipes use. This gave the pie a little bit different flavor and a more appealing color, too. The consistency was very good, and I got a thumbs up from all the samplers. AND, Dad did really enjoy the pie, and he said he was especially happy with the way the topping turned out. I have a feeling this one may be requested again soon...