Friday, February 13, 2009

New Baby Blackberry Pie

Some friends of ours just had a new baby boy last Saturday! Congratulations, Kelly and Josh! Anyway, I decided to make them a pie (and dinner, but who really gets excited about dinner when you can have pie?). I had some frozen blackberries in the freezer (that my sister picked and gave to me, thanks Heather!), so I decided to make New Baby Blackberry pie!

Ingredients:
3 Cups Frozen Blackberries--thawed
1/2 Cup Sugar mixed into berries
3 Tbls Cornstarch
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tbls Butter

Directions:
1. Make 2 Easy Peasy Pie Crusts (Yes, you can! I didn't think I could either, but you can. You really, really can!).

2. Put one crust in your pie pan. Save the other one to put on top.

3. Mix 1/2 cup sugar into your thawed berries.

4. In a separate bowl, mix 1/3 cup sugar with the cornstarch.

5. Add the cornstarch mixture to the berries. Mix well.


6. Place berries into pie pan.


7. Cut the butter into several smaller pieces and place on top of berries.

8. Place top crust on pie. Crimp edges and carve a special message or picture to welcome baby to the world! (I am obviously not the most creative crayon in the box)


9. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes, or until pie looks lightly browned on top.

The Verdict:
We didn't get to try this pie because we gave it away. However, it looked and smelled amazing, so I have no doubt that it was going to be good. Plus, Heather made one awhile back using the same recipe and it was really, really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment