All those bananas! (I threw in my banana peel from breakfast Saturday morning to give an accurate representation of just how many bananas there were.)
5. Cook and stir over medium heat till bubbly.
7. Slightly beat egg yolks.
8. Stir a little of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks.
9. Return immediately to the hot mixture.
10. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. It should turn into a pudding-like mixture.
11. Remove from heat and add 2 Tbsp. butter and 1 tsp. vanilla.
13. Top with pudding mixture.
14. To make the meringue topping, add the cream of tartar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla to the egg whites. Beat until soft peaks form.
15. Gradually add 6 Tbsp. of sugar.
16. Beat the mixture...
17. ...and beat it...
18. ...and beat it until stiff and glossy peaks form and all the sugar is dissolved.
18. Place spoonfuls close together atop the pudding mixture.
19. Spread the meringue topping evenly and all the way to the edge of the pie.
20. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes.
21. Allow to cool completely.