Monday, March 16, 2009

Meetin' New People Pie

My family recently moved to a new state. We've been here about a year now, but we are still meeting and getting to know new people and making new friends. We signed up to be a part of a 'dinners for 8' group through our church, so we could get to know some of the families a little better. Basically you get together with 6 other people and have dinner together a few times each year. I volunteered to bring a couple of pies to our first get-together. I made a Love Your Neighbor pie and also a basic cherry that I have re-named "Meetin' New People Pie."


Ingredients:

2 Easy Peasy Pie Crusts
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
4 cups frozen cherries (mine included about 1/2 cup of extra sugar)-thawed
2 Tbls Butter


Directions:
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.


2. Make your Easy Peasy Pie Crusts. Place one in your pie pan, set the other aside to top your pie.


3. Mix sugar and flour in a large bowl. Stir in cherries.



4. Place cherry mixture into pie pan and dot with butter on top.



5. Cover with your top pie crust and cut a couple slits to vent it while it bakes.



6. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until crust is brown and cherry juice begins to bubble through the slits.



The Verdict:
This pie was pretty good. It turned out a bit runny, so I think next time I will add some additional flour. I also want to try to use some Tapioca instead of flour to see if that would make it a bit thicker. I also think I may try make the top crust a lattice, like this one Heather made next time. She assures me that this isn't hard to do, so I may just have to give it a go one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment