Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut Pie

So, I really do not like pecans. I never have been a fan. However, pecan pie is my dad's absolute favorite, and since I found a good deal on pecans at a hole-in-the-wall bulk food store, I thought I would go ahead and make him a pecan pie.


Ingredients
1 Easy Peasy Pie Crust
3 eggs
2/3 c. sugar
dash of salt
1 c. dark corn syrup
1/3 c. butter or margarine, melted
1 c. pecan halves
Directions 1. Preheat oven to 350F.


2. Make 1 Easy Peasy Pie Crust


3. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, salt, corn syrup, and margarine.
4. Beat thoroughly.
5. Add pecan halves and stir well.
6. Pour into prepared pie crust.
7. Bake at 350F for about 50 minutes, or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.


The Verdict
Well, word on the street was that this was an excellent pie. Dad has had no trouble polishing it off. I was given permission to make another pecan pie since I have plenty of pecans leftover. I am not really sure what I would do differently, if anything, next time since I didn't personally try the pie, so if you make it and have any suggestions, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Alright, Heather. You have GOT to live in/near Peru! I THOUGHT that was a Squirrel Creek bag of pecans!!! (I'm a close friend of Jim & Reagan's.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are Squirrel Creek pecans. I actually live in Argos, but I work in Akron, which is only about 10 minutes from Squirrel Creek.

    ReplyDelete