Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Is Springing Pie

Oh, how I love spring! I always get so excited when I see this

and this

and this popping out of the ground!

It makes me all happy inside!

In honor of my favorite season, I made Spring is Springing Pie! My biggest little critic has been excited about this pie all week--ever since I purchased the gummy worms during our last grocery shopping trip. "When are you making the gummy worm pie, Mommy?" She has asked me all week long! Well, today is the day!
Ingredients:

Note: I found that this recipe made enough pudding mixture for 2 pies, so if you bought 2 bags of oreos and made 2 pie crusts, you would easily have enough pudding to make 2 pies. Or you could just eat the extra pudding plain (which is what we did!).
1 large bag of Oreo cookies
1/2 cup sugar
6 Tbls butter-softened
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 3/4 cup cold milk
4 oz softened cream cheese
6 oz (half a large container) cool whip
1 bag of gummy worms
Directions:
1. Grind up all the oreos in your food processor. Measure out 2 cups and put in a mixing bowl.
2. Add 3 Tbls melted butter and mix well.

3. Spray your pie pan with a little pam spray.
4. Use your fingers to press the oreo mixture into your pie pan to make your crust. Set aside.

5. In a mixing bowl, mix remaining butter, cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Set aside.

6. In another mixing bowl, blend pudding, milk, and cool whip. Beat until it gets kinda thickened.

7. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and mix well.

8. Set aside enough ground cookies to top your pie. Fold the remaining cookies into the pudding mixture. Add in some gummy worms.
9. Pour pudding into waiting pie crust. Top with some gummy worms.
10. Pour remaining cookies over the top. Top with a couple more gummy worms for fun!

11. Refrigerate until ready to serve!

The Verdict:
This is a very kid friendly pie. My biggest little critic thought it was so great that it had gummy worms inside. I think she enjoyed the gummy worms more than the actual pie. It was like a treasure hunt for her! Jim and I both enjoyed the pie a lot. It was very good, and very easy to make! I will definitely make this pie again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment