Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mama and Papa Pie















My in-laws came to visit us this past weekend. We had a great time!! Our girls LOVED playing with their 'Mama' and 'Papa.' Aren't those dresses adorable? Mama bought them for the girls for Easter! :-)

And what makes a wonderful visit even better? Pie of course! So I made one, and I named it after our guests!

Ingredients :














3 cups frozen blackberries (with 1/2 cup sugar mixed in)
1/2 cup additional sugar
3 Tbls Corn Starch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup flour
3 Tbls butter-melted
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Directions:
1. Make your Easy Peasy Pie Crust. Set aside

2. Put 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in a mixing bowl and mix well. Mix in your berries (mine were kinda thawed but not all the way there).














3. Place berries in pie plate.














4. In another mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, oats, flour, spices and butter until crumbly.














5. Pour over pie.














6. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly.














7. Enjoy!!!!!

Verdict:
This was good pie! I was afraid it was going to be runny, but it really wasn't. We ate it slightly warm with ice cream. Papa had two pieces (so I know it was good!)! :-) I think I will be making Mama and Papa pie for my in-laws again! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment