Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dare to Dream Pie

I was inspired by a sermon at church the other week to dream big and to chase after them. Now, dreaming big is never something that I have had much trouble doing, but it is always nice to have a reminder. So, I made this pie to remind all of us to shoot for the stars and to dream big!

Ingredients
4 c. blackberries
1-1/2 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. corn starch
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400F.

2. Make 2 Easy Peasy Pie Crusts. Roll out one and place in pie pan.

3. In a bowl, combine blackberries, sugar, and corn starch.
4. Roll out second pie crust.
5. Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out stars from pie crust.
6. Pour blackberry mixture into waiting pie crust. Dot with butter or margarine.
7. Place stars on top of blackberry mixture. Place them to the edge of the pie and slightly overlap the stars until the top is covered. Dust with sugar, if desired.
8. Bake at 400F for about 50 minutes or until blackberry mixture is bubbly and crust is golden.

The Verdict
I made this pie for a dinner that I didn't actually go to, so I did not try it myself. However, there were no leftovers, and I had multiple people tell me it was really good. Overall, I think it turned out pretty well, and it was pretty. So, when you are feeling overwhelmed by the world, make yourself some Dare to Dream Pie!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! This is the cutest pie I have ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete