Thursday, May 28, 2009

Protein Boost Pie

Ok, so I am calling this protein boost pie because this peanut butter pie reminds me of all the times my boss and I justify eating candy containing nuts/peanut butter by acknowledging the protein it contains. It is really not justifiable, but it tastes really good. Plus, it makes me feel better to think that I am getting some kind of health benefit from the things I am eating.

I actually made this pie for a family cookout...

Ingredients
1 graham cracker crust
1-8oz. package of cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
6 Tbsp. milk
1-8oz. container of Cool Whip, thawed

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Make graham cracker crust by combining 1-1/2 to 2 c. graham cracker crumbs with 6 Tbsp. melted butter. Press into pie pan and bake for about 12 minutes. Allow to cool.

3. In a mixing bowl, blend cream cheese until fluffy.
4. Add sugar and peanut butter.
5. Mix well.
6. Gradually add milk and mix well.
7. Fold in the cool whip.
8. Pour mixture into crust and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Verdict
This pie was absolutely delicious and extremely easy to make. It might have tasted better simply because it was so easy to throw together. I probably could have sat down and ate the whole pie myself, but it was a little too rich for that...and I have a bit more self-restraint. This is definitely a must-try pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment