Saturday, June 13, 2009

Reason To Run Pie

In the past year and a half, I have developed a love of running. Last summer I did a few 5Ks, and about a week ago, I did my first half-marathon. I love the adrenaline rush that running gives me and the time it allows for my mind to wander. Also, I love running because then I can eat things like this with a little less guilt. Right or wrong, I can justify eating a chocolate cheesecake by saying, "hey, I ran today." So, I encourage you to go out for a run and make yourself this pie for a special treat after (or you can come up with your own justification to indulge)!

Ingredients
1-8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1-14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
splash of milk
2 eggs
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
Strawberries (which I forgot to include in my picture)
a couple Tbsp. of sugar
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F.


3. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with a splash of milk. Stir constantly until all melted. Allow to cool slightly.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
5. To cream cheese, add sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate.
6. Beat until mixed.
7. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until mixed.
8. Pour into prepared crust. Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes, until center is set.
9. Refrigerate for at least a four hours.

10. Combine chopped strawberries with a few Tbsp. of sugar. Serve over slice of cheesecake.
The Verdict
This pie was incredibly rich and delicious! I would hate to know how many calories are actually in a slice of this one, but hey, I ran today, so who cares! My mom says this is her favorite thus far, and my dad ate half the cheesecake by himself. I would definitely make this pie again. Because it is so rich, it stretches pretty well. You could easily cut this pie into 12 pieces with everyone being satisfied. Also, I think you could use any kind of berry for the top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment