Friday, July 24, 2009

Independence Pie

I made these pies for the Fourth of July because I thought they would be appropriate and pretty! There really isn't a new recipe for this one, just some fancy crust work. I used the recipes for Jesus Loves Me Pie and Baby Don't Be Blue Pie.

Directions

2. Roll it out normally.

3. Using a pizza cutter and a star-shaped cookie cutter, make stars and stripes out of the crust.

4. Lay the stripes across the crust.
5. Lay the stars over the stripes.
6. Fold up the edges of the crust and seal the edges. You can sprinkle the stars and stripes with sugar if you like.

7. Bake normally at 400F for about 50 minutes.
The Verdict
I think the pies looked really cute. The blueberry pie turned out pretty runny. I think if I were to do it again, I would either cook my filling ahead of time in order to make sure it was thick enough or I would be sure to add extra corn starch to make sure it thickened up. The cherry pie looked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment