Friday, July 24, 2009

New Creation Pie

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed way; behold, all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17. This Bible verse is one that has always been encouraging to me and served as a source of encouragement. I have often likened everything becoming new to the springtime and the emergence of a butterfly from a cocoon. I am continually amazed at the way God is able to form a butterfly from a caterpillar as well as how He is able to use little old me to do great things! Thus, the inspiration for this pie!

Ingredients
3 c. Black raspberries
1-1/2 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. corn starch
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400F.

2. Make 2 Easy Peasy Pie Crusts, placing one in the pie tin and setting the other aside.

3. Mix together raspberries, sugar, and corn starch.

4. Pour into waiting pie crust. Dot with butter or margarine.
5. Put top crust on and seal edges. Make a butterfly shape to vent in the top crust. (I used a cookie cutter as an outline and kind of cut around it, and then made the antennae and body freehand.) Sprinkle the top with a little bit to sugar (to make it sparkle).
6. Bake at 400F for about 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is thick.

The Verdict
I thought this pie turned out beautifully! And, though I did not eat this pie myself, I have made a couple of them now and have gotten rave reviews from everyone who sampled. It is super easy to make and pretty, so you really can't go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment