1 Easy Peasy Pie Crust (pre-baked)
5 cups frozen blackberries
1/4 cup water
3 Tbls Cornstarch
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tbls lemon juice
6 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 Tbls milk
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1. Make your Easy Peasy Pie Crust. Bake it at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes (make sure you poke holes in it with a fork in several places before you bake it), or until done. Set aside to cool.
2. In a saucepan, combine the berries with water. Bring to a boil.
3. Combine sugar and cornstarch. Add to the saucepan with the berries along with the lemon juice. Bring to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes until thick.
4. Cool the sauce completely (I put mine in the refrigerator for a couple hours while we went on our bike ride).
5. When the syrup is cool, blend the cream cheese, milk, and lemon zest until smooth.
6. Spread evenly in the baked pie shell.
This pie is 'grinning ear-to-ear even with mashed blackberries all over my face' good!