Saturday, September 5, 2009

Caught the Oven on Fire Pie

So, I set out to make a cheesecake a couple of weeks ago, but I had a bit of a problem. I had made a couple other pies, and as they were baking in the oven, they overflowed a bit. When this happened, they  kind of caught the oven on fire...whoops! No worries, I promptly tossed some baking soda on the flames and put them out, but I decided that the oven was not really fit to bake in until it could be cleaned (after it had a chance to cool for a good long while). Thus, I was stuck with a prepared Graham Goodness Crust (that was made before the whole fire ordeal). What was a girl to do? Here is the answer!

This is a picture of the oven post-fire. (The oven is fine by the way, just in case you wondered. It has since been cleaned and has been making great pies!)
Directions
1. Open instant pudding box.
2. Follow pie directions on box (more or less, add milk and beat until smooth).

3. Pour into already prepared Graham Goodness Crust.
4. Refrigerate.

5. Put some chocolate crumbles on top before serving just to dress it up a bit.

The Verdict
Well, it was certainly easy. I didn't try it, but I am sure it was pretty much like any other pudding pie I have ever had, which means it was good. And, I think it turned out kind of pretty. So, if you every accidentally catch your oven on fire (it happens to the best of us!) and need to throw together a quick pie, this would be the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment