Saturday, September 5, 2009

Peachy Keen Pie

After making Her Name Was Lola pie, I decided that I really needed to branch out and try some other cream pies since that one was so delicious. Being peach season, I envisioned a peaches and cream pie being absolutely delicious, so I just had to try it and see!

Ingredients
1-1/2 c. diced peaches (drained if from a can)
2/3 c. sugar
4 Tbsp. flour (mine were heaping Tbsp.)
1 c. heavy whipping cream

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400F.

2. Make 1 Easy Peasy Pie Crust and rub about a tsp. of flour in the bottom & sides of crust.

3. In a bowl, combine flour and sugar.
4. Add diced peaches and combine well.
5. Stir in cream.
6. Pour into waiting pie crust.
7. Bake at 400F for about 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 350F and bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until center is set.
The Verdict
This pie was good, though not as good as I had envisioned. I think it would be a REALLY good pie with some cinnamon added to it. It just needed a little spice. In the future, I think I will add about 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to the sugar and flour mixture. The consistency of the pie was really good but very rich. It is definitely a delicious, late summer pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment