Sunday, October 4, 2009

Give It a Try Pie

One of my friends recently wrote about a cherry blueberry pie on her blog, which is her husband's very favorite kind of pie. I was intrigued. The combination sounded a bit odd to me, but I had some frozen blueberries and cherries that my sister and mom had picked and saved for me so I decided to give it a try anyway. I am so glad I did!

Ingredients:

2 Easy Peasy Pie Crusts
3 cups frozen cherries (mine had 1/2 cup of sugar mixed in as well)
1 cup frozen blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbls butter

Directions:

1. Make your 2 easy peasy pie crusts. Put one in your pie pan and set the other aside to top your pie.

2. Slightly thaw the berries in the microwave (1 minute should do it).

3. Mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Add in berries, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix well. Isn't it pretty??


4. Pour into your waiting pie crust. Dot with butter.


5. Top with your remaining pie crust. Cut a design or slits in the top crust to vent the pie as it bakes. Bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes.


The Verdict:

This pie was amazing!!!!! The cherry and blueberry flavors melded together perfectly. I think this is my new favorite fruit pie! My biggest little critic loved this pie and so did Jim. I definitely recommend giving this pie a try!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this. It does sound a little weird. I LOVE peach blueberry pie. This might be a nice twist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA! I'm so glad you tried it! It IS amazing!

    ReplyDelete