Monday, November 16, 2009

Meringue with a Bang!

I found this recipe for meringue and thought it sounded kind of interesting, so I wanted to give it a try!

Ingredients:
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cream of tarter
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup brown sugar

Directions:


1. In a large mixing bowl, let the 3 egg whites sit for 30 minutes.

2. Add the vanilla, cream of tarter, and salt. Beat on medium until soft peaks form.

3. Gradually add in the brown sugar, 1 Tbls at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (like below).
4. Spread on the top of your baked pie and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
The Verdict:
This meringue turned out beautifully (as you can clearly see). I used it in My Little Helper Pie. It was light and crispy and delicious. It did shrink a bit as it cooled, but I thought the brown sugar gave it a great taste. I would definitely use it again in other recipes and probably will!

No comments:

Post a Comment