This is the second of three pumpkin pies I will be blogging about during the month of November. The first one is here.
Note: The ingredients picture below includes the ingredients for Meringue with a Bang.
1 Easy Peasy Pie Crust
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs slightly beaten
2/3 cup half and half
1/2 cup maple syrup (OK, I think the recipe meant REAL maple syrup...I didn't have any and bulked at the idea of spending $8 for a tiny jar of it...I used pancake syrup and it worked fine--your choice!)
1 Meringue with a Bang
1. Make your easy peasy pie crust. Place it in your pie pan and set it aside.
2. Combine pumpkin, sugar, ginger, salt and cinnamon.
3. Have your fabulous little helper crack the 3 eggs, scramble them with a fork, and then add them to the pumpkin mixture (this is my favorite step in this pie!)
4. Mix slowly until well combined. Slowly add the half and half and maple syrup. Combine well
5. Pour into your waiting crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 50-65 minutes (mine went for 65) or until fork inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. While the pie bakes, make your Meringue with a Bang.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This pie is beautiful and delicious! I really enjoy the ginger flavor in the pumpkin filling. I love ginger (it's my favorite spice), and it really came through and was very tasty. I also really enjoyed the Meringue in this pie. It was very sweet and light. I also loved that my biggest little critic is taking an interest in helping Mommy with her pie obsession. :-) She didn't like to eat this pie, though. She took one bite and pushed it away. Jim, itty bitty critic, and I really loved this pie though, and 3 out of 4 ain't bad!