Monday, November 9, 2009

Nothing Says November Like Pumpkin Pie

Honestly, when you think of pie in November, what do you think of? Pumpkin, of course! This month, I am completely pie inspired by the beautiful, orange, round vegetable of choice for Thanksgiving pie--the pumpkin! This will be the first of 3 pumpkin pie recipes I will be blogging about this month (thanks, Mom, for the recipes from your 2008 issue of Better Homes and Gardens!). Select your favorite to bake and bring to Thanksgiving dinner!

Ingredients:


1 Easy Peasy Pie Crust
12 oz cream cheese-softened
1/4 cup sugar
5 eggs slightly beaten (divided)
3/4 cups finely chopped semisweet chocolate
1 15 oz can pumpkin
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup half and half

Directions:
1. Make your easy peasy pie crust. Put it in your pie pan and set aside.

2. Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg. Beat until smooth.


3. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of your pie crust.



4. Chop chocolate chips until they are very fine. I used a pampered chef chopper. My biggest little critic actually did this step for me and did a great job! Sprinkle the chocolate bits over the cream cheese.


5. Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, and spice. Stir in the remaining 4 eggs and the half and half.


6. Pour over the chocolate layer. I actually had a bit too much pumpkin filling, so I made two little custard cups with the extra.



7. Bake at 375 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until a fork inserted into the middle comes out clean. Bake the custard cups for the same.


The Verdict:

Oh my! This is seriously my new favorite way to eat pumpkin pie! Chocolate, cheesecake, and the traditional pumpkin melded together into Thanksgiving bliss! It's easy to make, looks beautiful, and just oozes thankfulness! I highly recommend this pie for your family's Thanksgiving dinner! My whole family (even my biggest little critic and my itty-bitty critic) gave this one two thumbs up!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! all 3 of my favorites! I think this will be on my thanksgiving table this year!

    ReplyDelete