The last 24 hours or so we have been living through the worst blizzard Iowa has seen in 30 years. Today was my day off (thankfully) and I convinced my husband that going in to work wasn't worth the risk--especially since he is set up to work from home. So we were officially snow-bound today!
I found the recipe for this pie at Midwest Living Magazine. Brownies and pie TOGETHER?? This I definitely had to try!!
1 Easy Peasy Pie Crust
1/2 cup butter
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mint flavored semisweet chocolate pieces
1. Put the unsweetened chocolate and the butter in a microwave safe dish. Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, cook for 30 more seconds, stir, repeat until completely melted. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes
2. Make your easy peasy pie crust. Line your pie pan and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla. Add in melted chocolate and mint chocolate pieces. Combine well.
4. Pour batter into your waiting pie pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Cool.
Brownies and pie definitely go together! Everyone in my family absolutely loved this pie! My biggest little critic even said she liked it as much as Peanut Butter Cup Pie, which is her all time favorite! The brownie was slightly gooey (which is my favorite way to eat brownies). If you like your brownies well done, make sure you bake it a little longer. The mint pieces didn't melt completely, so once in awhile you would bite into a minty chip. This too was wonderful!
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!