Wednesday, January 20, 2010

She Said 'Pie' Pie

A few weeks back, I had made a pie for dessert and after dinner I said 'who wants pie?' My itty bitty critic (17 months old at the time), clapped her hands together, got a huge grin on her face, and clear as day exclaimed 'Pie!!!' I looked at my husband with a huge grin on my face, 'She said 'Pie!' I love that 'Pie' is one of my baby's first words!!

So in honor of my itty bitty critic's exploding vocabulary, I bring you She Said 'Pie' Pie.

Ingredients:
2 Easy Peasy Pie Crusts + 1 tsp of Penzy's Baking Spice (if you want)
a few pats of butter
cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top
Directions:
1. Make your easy peasy pie crusts. I added 1 tsp of Penzy's baking spice to the dough. It was great that way, especially for an apple pie. Place one pie crust in your baking dish. Set the other pie crust aside to top your pie.
2. Dump your apple pie in a jar into your waiting pie crust. Dot with butter.
3. Mix up some cinnamon sugar to top your pie crust. A tablespoon or so of sugar and a shake of cinnamon. Mix it up.

4. Put your top crust on. Don't forget to cut a vent! Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. I think this gives the pie an almost sparkly look once it is baked. It also tastes amazing!


5. Bake 50 minutes at 400 degrees.


The Verdict:

This pie got 2 thumbs up from my whole family! And I think it was the easiest pie I have ever, ever made. Apple Pie in a Jar ROCKS!!!!! This is definitely going to be my new 'I forgot that I need to bring a dish to the potluck, so I have to whip up something fast and good' dessert. You could also make this pie using fresh apples, I am sure, but that would take a lot more work.
Delicious. Fast. Beautiful. Did I mention delicious? This pie is a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment