Wednesday, July 14, 2010

We Lost the Bet Pie

Awhile back, a bunch of us decided to participate in a bowling tournament sponsored by work. We had a great time! All the men were on a team and all the women were on another team. We decided to have a little side bet to see who could bowl the best game. The losers would cook the winners a fancy dinner. Well, we ladies got our tails kicked (I guess Wii bowling is not a great indicator of how well you bowl in real life!). I, of course, made the dessert. Introducing We Lost the Bet Pie.

Ingredients:

1 Graham Goodness Pie Crust
1 pint blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
splash of vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Make your Graham Goodness pie crust and set is aside.

2. Combine the blueberries and sugar. Your biggest little critic (if you have one) will enjoy helping with this step.

3. Combine the cream cheese and evaporated milk. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.

4. Fold in the blueberries.


5. Pour into waiting pie shell and bake for 50 minutes at 375 degrees.


The Verdict:


The recipe for this pie was much like this one. It was very, very good! I have not ever met a cheesecake that I haven't liked and this one was no exception. I thought the blueberries were very pretty in the sliced cheesecake. They made purple swirls next to the white cheesecake. Yum!


Everyone liked this pie, but I also took an Our Friends are Fabulous Pie with me to the dinner. I am pretty sure that if there is pie in Heaven, it will be Our Friends are Fabulous Pie. It is that good. It over-shadowed the deliciousness of this pie a bit, because it is so rich and wonderful. I had the last piece of We Lost the Bet Pie today for lunch, and enjoyed it a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! I was just looking for a pie to use my blueberries in!! thanks! Now that your sister is back in the states, when is she posting on the pie blog?? =)

    ReplyDelete