Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hey Santa, Where's My Package Pie

I actually made this pie back around Thanksgiving, and I am just now blogging it. Today I am hoping, hoping, hoping that our order from Amazon.com arrives, which happens to contain the vast majority of our three children's Christmas presents! It's getting a liiiiiiittle too close to Christmas for my comfort!

Hey Santa, where's my package???

Ingredients:


1 Easy Peasy Pie Crust
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup butter melted and cooled
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
pinch of salt
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp ginger
2 oz white chocolate baking bars, chopped

Directions:

1. Make your easy peasy pie crust. Set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. In small bowl combine cranberries and orange juice. Cover and chill for an hour. Drain and reserve 1 Tbls juice.

3. In medium bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Stir in pecans, flour, ginger and chocolate. Stir in cranberries and the reserved juice.

4. Spoon into pie crust.


5. Bake for 65 minutes and cool on rack.


The Verdict:


I felt this pie was very 'Thanksgiving-y' with the cranberries and all! It is a fun twist on a traditional pecan pie and I enjoyed it very much. It is a very rich tasting pie, so one small piece is quite enough, but even so it didn't last long at our house!

Maybe if I leave this out for Santa instead of cookies on Christmas Eve, I'll get my packages a little earlier next year! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment