1 Graham Goodness Pie Crust (I admit it, I cheated and used a purchased graham cracker crust this time--hey, it's the holidays and you need to do what you need to do!)
1 big package of cook and serve vanilla pudding (NOT instant)
1 and 1/2 cups eggnog
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2-1 tsp ground nutmeg (I like a little more nutmeg).
1. Make and bake your graham goodness pie crust. Set aside and cool completely.
2. In a saucepan, combine the pudding packet, eggnog, and nutmeg. Mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (mine sat all night).
3. In a cold metal mixing bowl (trust me, this makes a difference), whip the cream to soft peaks.
4. Remove the pudding from the refrigerator, and beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream.
5. Spoon into baked pie shell. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg, if desired. Refrigerate 4 hours , or until set (4 hours was enough for me).
OK I admit it. I did not think I was going to like this pie. I do not like eggnog. I can never choke down an entire glass during the holidays. My mom, however, loves eggnog, so I decided I would make this pie at her house for Christmas. If no one else liked this pie, surely she would!